Full details of the Opening Hours can be found on the 'About' page - clicking on this line will take you there.
The RNLI supporting micropub in Birchington
As the Wheel is somewhat larger than most of the micro-pubs in Thanet, it is very well suited for hosting things such as;
- Quizzes - now happening, on the second AND last Wednesday of each month
- Business Meetings
At the Wheel, there is the advantage that there is an 'upper deck' where these can be held, without having any impact or effect on the true real ale, micro-pub environment which is at ground level.
In accordance with demands from the customers, The Wheel Alehouse is now running TWO monthly quizzes. As there is an upper deck to hold them on, that means that, unlike other micropubs, there is no interuption of the micro-pub philosophy on the main deck when a quiz is running.
These are currently held on the second and last Wednesday of each month - booking is almost essential as the next quiz is often fully booked. Call Captain Alan, on 07826 130927 to book a place.
Whilst listening to live music, entering a quiz, having a meeting or attending a party, there will be a selection of different ales available, or on the stillage. Currently, that's the following ales -
- Isla Vale's Bosun's Best
- Great Orme Brewery's Where there be DRAGONS
- Mighty Oak's Tin Triangle
- Titanic Brewery's Plum Porter
- Ilkley's Hanging Stone
- Cairngorm's Sheepshaggers Gold
- Pennine Brewery's Amber Necker
- Musket Brewery's Fife & Drum
- Musket Brewery's Ball Puller
- Musket Brewery's Flintlock
- Musket Brewery's Powder Burn
- Elgoods Brewery's Fork Handles
- Goldmark Brewery 's Amarillo Gold
- Hop Back Brewery's Fuggle Stone
- Reedley Hallows Brewing Company's New Laund Dark
- Empire Brewery's Hopsy
- Black Tor Brewery's New Zealand IPA
The portholes at the top of the page are links to the main pages on the site. Simply hover over one to find out where it goes and click on it to go there. But there are more pages, the full list of these is shown below: